We realize that divorce and family law matters are much more difficult and personal than other areas of law. Whether you are going through a divorce, having issues resolving custody and parenting time of your children, or need assistance with child support, we are here to help you get the best outcome.


We can provide you with professional, caring legal representation you need as you navigate through this difficult time. Our attorneys will provide guidance in all aspects of the divorce process including child custody, dividing your assets and debts and other related issues.

Child Custody and Parenting Time

Although a child custody judgment in your divorce or paternity matter may be labeled as final, it is never truly final until the child reaches the age of majority. Child custody and parenting time issues may arise after the final orders in your domestic case based on the changing needs of the children as they get older. If both parents agree, an order may be entered to modify an existing order and must be approved by the court. If the parents are unable to agree on a change in custody or parenting time, the parent seeking modification will need to file a motion requesting the court intervene.

Child Support Modification

A motion may be filed requesting a review of child support 1) every three years 2) if there is a substantial change in circumstances, such as the child moving to the next age bracket or 3) when a permanent change in income would make the support order change by ten percent or more.

Paternity Action

In Kansas, when a mother is married and gives birth, the law assumes the child’s father is the mother’s husband. When no marriage exists at the time of the child’s birth, paternity must be established voluntarily or through the court. The court may establish orders for custody, parenting time, child support, health insurance for the child, etc.